What is a physical exam and is it important?
Your physical exam is your chance to check in on your health and talk to your doctor about how to improve and protect your health. Your annual exam is the cornerstone of preventive health care and family practice.
During your annual physical, Dr. Naomi provides a range of health screenings and lab tests to check for early warning signs of health problems. Many conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes don’t cause noticeable symptoms in their early stages. These tests allow Dr. Naomi to provide treatments to restore your health before your well-being is affected.
What are different types of physical exams?
Lake Acworth Family Practitioners will provide physical exams for general wellness and specific needs. Some of the most common types of physicals provided at Lake Acworth Family Practice include:
- Men’s & Women wellness exam
- Women’s wellness exam
- Department of Transportation physical
- Sports and school physicals
- General adult annual exam
For your wellness exam, Dr. Naomi provides all the specialized testing you may need to assess health based on your gender. For example, for women, Lake Acworth Family Practitioners will offer Pap smears, and for men, special testing to assess prostate health and testosterone levels.
In general, your physical exam may include:
- Check of your height and weight
- Measurement of your blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature
- Look at your eyes, ears, nose, and throat
- Test of your reflexes and arterial pulses
- Palpation of your inner organs